Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Come Monday

I just got a notice from Schoolhouse Press that my yarn for the Fair Isle Yoke sweater has shipped and should arrive on Monday. Which means that I am way, way behind Whitney and Lynn, who are knitting away like wild women on their yoked sweaters. And my sweater will be in fingering weight yarn, so it will take that much longer. But I think both have another yoke queued, so there's a chance that I can yoke-along yet.

[How many times can I start a sentence with a conjunction? Three. Or four.]

At least I've got some good drive time ahead of me next week for knitting. We'll be spending Thanksgiving at the ranch, and the 6+ hour drive each way should be good enough for two sleeves, at a minimum. (Knock on wood.)

What to do in the meantime? I'll confess I started two new projects solely because the fact that I only had two WIPs in the sidebar was making me nervous. I could have brought the Hex Coat out of hibernation, but I wouldn't want to wake a bear in winter. It's been sleeping for so long, it might be grumpy.

And so, without further ado, presenting one EZ Mitered Mitten, sans thumb:

EZ Mitered Mitten


And one wee tiny Tomten, sans, well, most of it:
wee tiny tomten


I'll try to push through a good hunk of Mom's Cabled Cardi this weekend, because we all know what's going to happen come Monday.

3 comments:

sophanne said...

I'm loving that mitered mitten. A girl at knit night had one she was working on. Noro seems a perfect fit. yum.

Anonymous said...

Love the wee tomten, esp. the I-cord edging.
I've been eyeing the mitered mittens for awhile too. Very nice stuff!

Bea said...

I love that mitten. Its turning out really well. The jacket is a lovely shade of blue and I love that you are calling it the "wee tiny" tomten.