Monday, May 12, 2008

Knitting content, at last!

But no knitting pictures. My husband had to go to San Antonio for work last week, and I got to tag along, so pictures of that, instead.

Remember



Because my knitting doesn't look like much. And I haven't had a chance to take pictures of it. Spare time has been spent moving it toward completion.

Alamo grounds



I have a lace project for Mother's Day. Which is already late. Luckily, Mom is in town through this weekend, so if I can get the other 3/4 of the edging done by Saturday, maybe it will be blocked and ready for her to take home.

Menger Hotel, San Antonio, TX



It's knit with the handspun I showed you last time. Knitting with this handspun is not encouraging me to move away from spinning laceweight. I hope I don't run out.

Menger old lobby ceiling



I'm also knitting a simple scarf from handspun. It's my easy knitting, and it got a lot of play on the drive down.

Menger courtyard



I didn't do any shopping in San Antonio.

Menger



OK, I bought two novels.

Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX



But I didn't shop on the Riverwalk, because I would rather check out the LYSes than pay tourist prices for stuff I don't need.

Rivercenter



But I didn't go to the LYSes, either, because I'd rather buy wool than yarn. Spinning, it's a sickness.

See there, you got to take a walk around San Antonio in May without even getting hot.

No comments: