Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Almost too easy.

A few weeks ago when my mother was visiting, she let drop that she thought the Cowgirl's Slipper Socks in last winter's Interweave Knits were very cute, hint, hint. And her birthday was coming up, hint, hint. Worsted-weight ankle socks? Yeah, ma, I can take care of that for ya. In fact, I'll go one up and make them in my favorite fingering-weight, my second sock-yarn purchase ever, because I'm not sure you realize how thick those socks really are.

CGSS



Pattern: Cowgirl's Slipper Socks by Ann Budd, IK Winter 2006
Yarn: Claudia Handpainted Fingering in Blue Sky
Needles: KnitPicks nickel dpns US1
Mods: CO 66 sts, 5 pattern repeats, knit 4 rows, heel flap over 34 sts to 16 chain sts, gusset to 64 sts

They fit me a little loose at the ankle, but I have skinny ankles and narrow feet, so they'll probably look better on their intended recipient.

I hope she doesn't mind the pooling. Or the fact that they came out slightly fraternal.

In other cuteness:

BFF



I promise I won't let the blog get overrun with doggie pictures, but I couldn't keep that one to myself.

1 comment:

Nolan Graham said...

Thanks ffor posting this