Sunday, April 13, 2008

Adrift on a sea of yellow lace

I'm tempted to declare the Lily of the Valley shawl a black hole of knitting, but it's just too yellow. Aside from a few dischloth breaks I've been solely devoted to this process:

lily of the valley detail



There are now quite a few lilies in my valley.

lily of the valley



And yet, it's still a far cry from a triangle.

lily of the valley



That's a 32 inch needle you see. The shawl is huge. If I put it on my shoulders in its unblocked state, the point reaches to mid-calf. When I block this, it's going to be as big as a house.

I think I've found the culprit of what started as a crick in my neck, creeped down my back, and then spread over my shoulder. It might be time to take a break, but part of me still thinks I can finish this week.

Next time I think I'll choose a lace project on a slightly smaller scale. Preferably one that has more than one motif and fewer nupps.

No comments: