Friday, September 21, 2007

Birthday Socks

Grandma's birthday socks are hot off the needles.

Grandma's Birthday Socks



Pattern: Child's French Sock in Citron Pattern and Diaper Knitting, Nancy Bush, Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Louet Gems Pearl in Burgundy
Needles: aluminum US1 DPNs

No mods. This may be the first pattern that I ever repeat, because I can hardly stand to give these away. I think I'll make myself a pair in aubergine, inspired, as I so often am, by Mustaa Vilaa.

Mom got her birthday socks and sent me the following email:
Summer 2007 054.jpg
"I love the socks! Love the colors! They are so soft....AND they don't itch. I told [B] I just don't know how she does this....he said, "WIth 4 little needles like this(and he moved his hands like he was knitting). He is such a card! Thank you! They are SO pretty and I have some flannel pjs they will look SO good and SO warm this winter. :-))))))) They are tres magnifique!!!!! I am so impressed everytime I see your work! [B] also said..."What do you expect...she is an artist inside".

Love, Mom"

I think she likes them.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Those are some great socks - so much texture! Lucky grandma!

Anonymous said...

I love those socks! They're gorgeous!