Friday, August 31, 2007

Swirl Socks - Done!

Swirl Sock



Pattern: Swirl Socks by Sulafaye
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl
Needles: US0 DPNs
Mods: When I saw this pattern, I had to cast on right away, and I wasn't going to let a silly little thing like my lack of DK-weight sock yarn stop me, so I took Sula at her word when she said it was mostly a stitch pattern and adapted it for fingering weight socks. I used the heel from Baudelaire and added the braid detail from Nancy Bush's Spey Valley socks before the picot hem. I love how the swirls break up the natural striping of the Lorna's.

Swirl Sock


Swirly goodness! [Wait, that doesn't sound right.]

Swirl Sock


How do you keep your picot hems from flaring?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Such lovely details, I'm really digging the braid at the hem. I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

Has anyone told you lately that you are a machine??

Heather said...

Yum! Those socks are terrific... They really show off the yarn with a great pattern that doesn't distract from the yarn itself!

I'm off to bookmark the pattern so that if I ever get time to knit again, (LOL) those socks are on my list!