I got all excited when I finished the sleeves on my husband's Tomten. Surely I was almost done. I even bumped up my Ravelry WIP status to 90%.
And then he tried it on, and the sleeves were way too long. (So much for my math.) So I shortened them, and now they're just a tad too short.
Knitting the afterthought pockets took longer than I expected, but at least they turned out well.
And then I was down to the button bands. I planned on making them as wide as the arm bands, so I ripped the neck back a little to make room for a wide border. And then I started knitting and decided a narrow border would not only decrease my chances of running out of yarn, it would look better, too. But now I need to raise the neck back to where it was, and to do that, I have to take off the button band.
This last 10% is trying to kill me.
Socks are so tempting right now.