Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Delusional.

So, I spun up half the roving for the MIL socks and told myself that I'd knit the first sock while I was spinning the yarn for the second, all multitasking like. Except it's hard to multitask two activities which require both hands. I vaguely remember thinking after I turned the heel that I should stop and go back to spinning, but I finished the sock anyway. And then I spun the rest of the yarn. And then I couldn't work on the project while it was blocking.

Ready for the second sock



It's certainly not the end of the world; the first sock went pretty fast, so I should be able to finish by the weekend, anyway. And it gave me a chance to finish the 4-ply cabled handspun socks. This morning when DH woke up, he said, "I'm going to wear my new socks today!" and was disappointed when I told him I still had to weave in all the ends from the stripes, so I got to it first thing this morning.

Handspun Socks for DH

Handspun socks for DH

Handspun Socks for DH



I duplicate stitched a faux toe seam to tie in the stripes, and I think it really works. Rugged, manly socks. They feel slightly rough on the feet, but very cozy. The yarn was a little splitty to knit with, but worth it if the color placement or durability of the cabled yarn is a goal.

Oddly enough, aside from the colors, the rovings for both pair of socks looked pretty similar. It just goes to show what a difference the spinning can make. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

No comments: