When I ordered this roving, I was thinking baby sweater, but apparently it wanted to be socks.
I split the roving down the middle and spun half of it up, then chain-plied it. I overplied it on purpose, because I had just read this, and I like how it looks.
I finished plying and started spinning the second single yesterday, and I could hardly wait for the first skein to dry. It came out at about 194 yards and 18 wpi.
I am just beside myself, I love this so much. Here's hoping the second skein is a reasonable match.
Too bad I actually have to be productive today. Stupid Christmas decorations. Stupid laundry. Stupid dust bunnies. All I want is socks.