Thursday, January 21, 2010

I may never finish knitting this sock.

I've had this sock yarn (Lorna's Laces in Old Rose) in my stash forever, mentally tagged with this pattern (Nancy Bush's Traveler's Stockings). I think Grumperina knit that combo way back in the day, and I thought it was pretty. I think I maybe even tried the pattern in a different yarn somewhere along the way and got lost in all the twisted stitches. But not this time. This time, those twisted stitches were actually fun.

Traveler's Stocking in Progres

But, alas, the fun ran out all too soon, leaving me with nothing but stockinette and zigzag clocks. And as much as I love a sock with clocks, these clocks are driving me crazy. For some reason, I am obsessed with having one clock zig where the other zags, and it doesn't take very much mindless knitting for me to get them going at different rates. Which leads to dropping of stitches and fiddling and frustration, and, finally, ripping.

Traveler's Stocking in Negative Progress

But at least I have this shiny new little nook in our bedroom in which to be frustrated with my knitting, accompanied by my favorite podcasts.

My little corner

My mom bought me the chair at an estate sale. It's really too pretty to cover up with my lace, but you have to put the lace somewhere, right? How else do you enjoy something that you have knitted but will never wear? One of these days I'll even get curtains up in our room.

Oh, and that door behind the spinning wheel? That's the wool closet.

Um, happy 2010!

No comments: