Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've been sewing.

I had planned to show off some baby knits this week, but my fabric came in for the nursery and I haven't stopped sewing long enough to take pictures.

crib bedding
Our living room ottomans are almost crib-sized.


Kind of like knitting, sewing is something I learned to do as a child and hated, but I think it sort of comes back easier if you have that background. Anyway, I haven't sewn from a pattern since I first learned, but since I couldn't find any girly bedding that I liked, I picked up Amy Butler's Little Stitches and decided to make my own.

crib skirt detail


So far I've made 4 crib sheets, a pillow cover, a bumper, and a crib skirt. I've got the panels for a matching twin bedskirt ready to be sewn to the muslin decking, and I'm still planning to make the changing table topper from the book and a quilt to go with the bedding.

pillow and crib sheets


The green floral and striped fabric are from Amy Butler's Lotus collection for Rowan, and the pink damask and pink floral fabrics are from Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut collection for Free Spirit. The front of the pillow is from Amy Butler's Nigella collection.

I've got lots of extra fabric, so I'll probably do a diaper bag, a window treatment and other random projects as well.

No comments: