Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The view from here

Wildflower SocksWildflower Socks
Wildflower socksWildflower Socks


Basic socks in The Knittery 4-ply Merino Sock, Wildflowers colorway. (I got mine from The Loopy Ewe.) The yarn is deliciously soft, and the colorway had Tom Petty playing in my head whenever I knit with it. I knit these on size 1s, but in the future (I have some more in Earth) I'll go down to 0s for this yarn, as it's a little on the thin side. It will be interesting to see what that does to the color patterning.

There was a time when basic socks would be on the needles for months before being finished, but I've discovered that if I keep my hands busy while reading boring work stuff, I stay more focused, feel happier, and am less inclined to take a Ravelry break. And, I get more socks.

3 comments:

Knitting Bandit said...

I love these socks. They're so happy! I have some Knittery Yarn (Chocolate Royale..mmmm....) just waiting to be knit. After seeing yours I may just go straight stockinette too.

Anonymous said...

"There was a time when basic socks would be on the needles for months before being finished..."

I have broken through the plain socks on the needles forever curse recently too. Toe up is making my plain socks a lot faster, and I'm actually enjoying them instead of dreading row after row of "plain" knitting.

Anonymous said...

Amen on the knitting while reading boring things! That's how my grandpa gets his socks, and how I manage to get through school.